Typical steps for Switchboard design
1.1. Switchboard characteristics
- Check the protection index required in the project production file.
- Check that the corrosion resistance required in the project production file is taken in account.
- Check the form partitioning level.
- Check the organization of spares.
- Make sure that separate equipment delivery is defined
1.2. Cubicle characteristics
- Check that the dimensions, number and layout of cubicles are in accordance with the layout and the civil engineering works specified in the project production file.
- Check that the incoming cable cut-outs comply with the incoming cables’ characteristics (section number, position).
1.3. Busbar characteristics
- Check the environmental installation (temperature, humidity) specifcation required in the project production file.
- Check that the horizontal and vertical busbar cross-sections are in accordance with the short-circuit and/or peak current.
- Check that busbars are in conformity with the corrosion resistance required in the project production file.
- Make sure that the type of busbar coating is defined.
1.4. Device and drawer characteristics
- Make sure that device characteristics defned comply with the project production file and derating tables.
- Make sure that the jaw characteristics comply with the corrosion resistance.
- Check that the mismatch coding is defned.
1.5. Wiring characteristics
- Validate the single-line diagram.
- Check that BUS architecture rules are complied with (cf. wiring guide)